- Your first appointment is a phone call evaluation/diagnosis or a transfer of medication management to one of our doctors. This price also includes a physical and 4 weeks included concierge subscription
What if I chose to seek treatment elsewhere after the initial visit?
That's not a problem. We're happy to write a transfer letter for you and send along all of your charts to your preferred provider.
Does the monthly fee cover the cost of medication?
The $99/month does not cover the cost of your medication. It covers unlimited access to a doctor via instant messaging, fast e-prescription refill requests, and 1 hour of phone call talk time. We do everything we can to provide your insurance company with the authorization and itemized receipts needed to seek reimbursement but often times ADHD medication is not reimbursable for extended periods of times or you can get similar discounts through free programs like GoodRx.
Who is Dr. Dismond? What are his philosophies?
The best way to get to know a bit more about Dr. Dismond is to listen to episode 1 of his new podcast, Dr. D on ADHD. Click here to see the episode show notes or listen. You can also search for "Dr. D on ADHD" in your preferred podcast app to listen. In the episode, we talk all about who is Dr. Dismond and what is his perspective on treating ADHD?
What is included in the $249 initial fee?
The initial covers the cost of 3 things.
- You start with a one-on-one phone call conversation with Dr. Dismond. This session is for the purpose of transfer medication management or diagnosing and treating ADHD. You are charged after this phone call and your treatment begins.
- You are then required to visit our office in person for a quick physical within 4 weeks to continue treatment. We take your picture and your blood pressure so we have you in our system.
- The fee also includes 4 weeks of concierge care. This means you can schedule follow up calls with the doctor or instant message him in the Spruce app anytime regarding your treatment. After 4 weeks, you will be charged $99 every 4 weeks to continue concierge care.
What if I don’t need medication after the initial visit?
It is not required to be on medication to use our service. If you want to get a diagnosis and not pursue medication that is up to you. Your initial visit includes 4 weeks of concierge care. This includes calls and messages or refills with your doctor. If you would just like to follow up with your doctor about how you are doing, that is fine with us. You may also transfer your diagnosis to another doctor for treatment but we cannot guarantee that our diagnosis will be accepted by another doctor.
What happens during the initial visit call?
We can't speak to exactly what will happen when you have your initial phone call as every person is different but we generally get two types of initial visits.
- If you don't have a diagnosis and have never been treated we will help to diagnose you during this initial visit. The assessment results in a diagnosis and a conversation about a treatment plan that works for you.
- If you do have a diagnosis we assess your prior diagnosis and treatment and take that into account. We may do a transfer or your medication or start a new treatment plan. It varies per person.
I already have a diagnosis. Do I still have to complete an initial visit?
We do require that everyone schedules a phone call followed by an in-person quick physical whether they have a diagnosis and current treatment plan or not. The cost is the same for someone that has never been treated and someone that may already be on a treatment plan.
Wait, A Monthly Fee?
As a concierge practice, we offer care exclusively for ADHD. Since ADHD is an ongoing and dynamic process we have a concierge fee which allows us to offer you 24/7 access to your