- Your first appointment is a phone call evaluation & diagnosis or a transfer of medication management to Dr. Dismond. This also includes 4 weeks of concierge subscription
I already have a diagnosis. Do I still have to complete an initial phone call visit?
We do require that everyone schedules a phone call visit whether they have a diagnosis and current treatment plan or not. The cost is the same for someone that has never been treated and someone that may already be on a treatment plan.
What happens during the initial visit call?
We can't speak to exactly what will happen when you have your initial phone call as every person is different but we generally get two types of initial visits.
- If you don't have a diagnosis and have never been treated we will help to diagnose you during this initial visit. The assessment results in a diagnosis and a conversation about a treatment plan that works for you.
- If you do have a diagnosis we assess your prior diagnosis and treatment and take that into account. We may do a transfer or your medication or start a new treatment plan. It varies per person.
What if I don’t need medication after the initial visit?
It is not required to be on medication to use our service. If you want to get a diagnosis and not pursue medication that is up to you. Your initial visit includes 4 weeks of concierge care. This includes calls and messages or refills with your doctor. If you would just like to follow up with your doctor about how you are doing, that is fine with us. You may also transfer your diagnosis to another doctor for treatment but we cannot guarantee that our diagnosis will be accepted by another doctor.
What is included in the $249 initial fee?
The initial covers the cost of 3 things.
- You start with a one-on-one phone call conversation with Dr. Dismond. This session is for the purpose of transfer medication management or diagnosing and treating ADHD. You are charged after this phone call and your treatment begins.
- The fee also includes 4 weeks of concierge care. This means you can schedule up to 1 hour of follow up calls with the doctor or instant message him any time in the Spruce app regarding your treatment.
- After 4 weeks, you will be charged $99 every 4 weeks to continue concierge care.
Who is Dr. Dismond? What are his philosophies?
The best way to get to know a bit more about Dr. Dismond is to listen to episode 1 of his podcast, Dr. D on ADHD. Click here to see the episode show notes and listen. You can also search for "Dr. D on ADHD" in your preferred podcast app to listen. In the episode, we talk all to Dr. Dismond about his perspective on treating ADHD.
Does the monthly fee cover the cost of medication?
The $99 fee does not cover the cost of medication. It covers unlimited access to a doctor via instant messaging, fast e-prescription refill requests, and 1 hour of phone call talk time. We do everything we can to provide your insurance company with the authorization forms and itemized receipts needed to seek maximum reimbursement but often times ADHD medication is not reimbursable for extended periods of times or you can get similar discounts through free programs like GoodRx.
See more information on this here.
What if I chose to seek treatment elsewhere after the initial visit?
That's not a problem. We're happy to write a transfer letter for you and send along your charts to your preferred provider.
Wait, A Monthly Fee?
As a concierge practice, we offer care exclusively for ADHD. Since treating ADHD is an ongoing and dynamic process we have a concierge fee which allows us to offer you 24/7 access to your doctor. This is especially helpful while you are learning and adapting to your treatment plan. This means when you walk out the door after your first visit, it doesn’t become impossible to reach your doctor. It’s not difficult to message your doctor and get a response back the same day.